Thursday, March 1, 2012

Overall Contribution to the Group

For the past few days, I didn't blog due to the lack of free time to do it. So today, I will post everything that I've contributed to the group for the past 2 weeks(starting 2nd week of sp). My job was to do texturing for the golem and also the stairs for the first few day. Using mudbox i find a few textures on the net.

First Week

The top textures is one of the base rocks I used to texture it and also add a few moss and dirt to it to make aged a bit. The Final touch up is that i use bump map to give th last detail to the rock to make it look real. Here is the screenshot of of rock I painted in mudbox. We have a total of 66 rocks to texture individually.


Second Week
After painting the rock in mudbox i start to transport all the uv texture into maya and Afiq start rigging the golem and attached it with the mocap. For 3 days i did the texture for the golem and then when im done with it, I did the perspective right after I match move the 3rd tracking shot.




As for the last Tracking shot, I first import the golem which is rigged and mocap into the scene. Then I transport the stairs and crater to the cg scene as well. From there i textured the stairs and also the crater using the texture I've posted earlier. Before I actually textured the stairs, I went to the stadium to take a few shots of the stair's texture.




Third Week
After texturing the stairs, I start texturing the crater that i was given from samson. Then I start to do the lighting for that shot and also uses ibl for the lighting. For the tracking shot, I created a directional light as the key light and cast shadow. And a few other directional light as a bounce light to light up the golem. After tweaking it for a few days, finally I start doing render passes for that shot and pass it to Praveen for him to start composite it inside nuke.

In total we have 7 cg shot that need to be done and 3 of it was the tracking shot. Im in-charge of doing the lighting for the last tracking shot and 2 other cg shot and also its render passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment