Friday, February 24, 2012

Day Nine

Where do I start? So many things happened today. Some things have been completed. First, the Golem mesh has been finalised. Thanks a lot to Mr Leong, who suggested using the polyreduce node to downres the mesh. This maintained the rough shape of the geometry but with a lower poly count.

I've also managed to get the simulation of the golem forming more or less working, using a particle system and a few groups to divide the particles into left and right groups. They would then be blown in different directions and affected by two different orbit nodes. I got the first group easily. This group, called fly, would group particles with a moving bounding box. I then created a second group with another bounding box, called fly_right, with fly as the source group. In order to get the left group, I had to jump through some hoops. I couldn't use not equals to fly_right, as that would give me the non-flying particles too. I then created a nonfly group on the first group node, and did an intersect with not equals to fly_right on the second group node. This gave me the fly_left group. I could then manipulate them as I liked.

This simulation would then be cached out and read back in backwards, then blended with the ones with the stairs and ground cracking and chunks rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment